2019 MISSION TRIP
Arizona, Black Mesa (Experience Mission)
July 6-14, 2019
Who: We will be serving on the Navajo (Dine) reservation
What: In Arizona, in a community called Black Mesa where we will work with Pastor JR and Mary Lou Wilson at Tse ee gai – House of Joy Church. Black Mesa is not an organized community or town but rather the actual name of the mesa where the church is located and where we will stay. Black Mesa is named because of the coal found in it and is home to a Peabody coal mine located at the top. Black Mesa is located about 20 miles from Kayenta, AZ (between Kayenta and Tuba City on Highway 160). It is a rustic, rural place and Pastor JR has ministered to the community for many years.
Projects: Kid’s Club, Home repair and construction, Community Outreach
- $150 Non-refundable Deposit due Sunday, March 10th. Please submit check payable to Grace Presbyterian Church, for Youth Mission Trip 2019 attn: Pastor Matt no later than March 10th. Drop in mail: 9720 US. Highway 85, Littleton CO 80238.
- $285 due by May 5th
What Do You Need to Do?
- Fill out the 2019 Application. Youth will need to provide personal and thoughtful answers to each of the questions. Attach as many extra pages as necessary.
- BOTH PARENTS AND YOUTH must read through attached 2019 Youth Mission Team Covenant and sign on the bottom
- Submit the 2019 Application with a $150 deposit by March 10.
- Submit a liability waiver and register online. Keep an eye out for this information.
- Attend the mandatory mission team planning meeting from 12 pm – 5 pm. Parents are required to attend for the first hour, youth need to be there for the whole time.
- It is a requirement to attend ALL mission events, a camping retreat in June, and to help with fundraisers.